1. roti canai is known as roti prata
2. genting is pronounced as JERNTING
3. jelak is spelt jerlat
4. they use words like "alight" and "gantry" - well at least, *I* never used them. :P
5. tissue paper packets on tables at food courts are used to reserve seats, not for you to take.
6. wifi is free in the city centre.
7. free newspapers twice a day.
8. singapore bak kut teh is nothing like msia bak kut teh. NOTHING.
9. you can find good cheap food here - go to the shop with 1) a lot of stickers on their display window or 2) long queues.
10. singaporeans think msians speak mandarin wrong
11. singaporeans really do not understand their national anthem, neither can they understand their military commands
12. if you drink too much after clubbing, there is a service that drives you and your car back home. for a fee of course.
13. smoking is not allowed by law in clubs, indoors, and even certain parts al fresco places.
14. singaporeans DO jaywalk - only malaysians are afraid to jaywalk, ahaha
15. do not go to orchard road during the weekends. in fact do not go anywhere during weekends.
16. fast food restaurants are halal - except for a couple.
17. you can not purchase duty free alcohol when you enter into singapore from malaysia
18. there are no strays to be seen in the city centre
19. shopping malls are closed by 9.30, earlier if in the CBD
20. green tea is quite a popular mixer for whiskey
21. food can still cost only 2 bucks
22. prostitution is legal in singapore
23. if you work around the CBD you cannot escape the 20 odd people offering you flyers, asking you for your money, signing up for things, selling you things or asking you to participate in surveys ARGH
24. soft boil eggs are eaten with the that thick, dark, soya sauce.
25. Subtitles are written in freaking chinese.
So be warned. :)