I've been wanting to make liqueur shake for a while now. In my mind it would be the most delicious cold drink EVER. I would patent the recipe, sit back, and wait for the MILLIONS to rake in. And if that didn't work out, I would have some fun making it and SOME form of alcoholic beverage to drink in the end, at least.
So, on one typically boring Friday night, and just because I'm a sad pathetic worm who's terribly single and have no social life whatsover, I managed to con Mr Koi Pervert to take part in this silly experimental project of mine (and to be my guinea pig lah, don't tell him that ok?). Of course, it's also a good excuse to drink. Bwahehaheaheha.
So, without further ado.
I love vanilla ice-cream. And I love my liqueurs. To mix them both up and create an ice cold alcoholic beverage would be a fantastical idea. Add one good thing with another good thing so that the result would be GREATER than the sum of the good things added together. The Synergy concept should work on EVERYTHING.... right?
Materials & Equipments
-1 shot glass (I used the Ikea one.. which is actually MORE than 1 shot. Yeay!)
-Baileys (milk for adults)
-Kahlua (coffee for alcoholics)
-50% Smirnoff Vodka Blue Label (bleach for your innards)
-Milk (not a really good idea, as we will find out later)
-Blender (to mix the shit with)
-1 tub of Vanilla Ice Cream (yum)
Oh what fun is it to make an alcoholic beverage!
1. One shot of Baileys, Kahlua, & Vodka EACH, separately measured and tasted. Yum.
2. Measure another shot of the above conconction and pour into blender.
3. Measure 1 glass of milk.
4. Pour that stuff into the blender too, yo.
5. 4 big spoonfuls of ice cream chucked into blender, NEVER forget to taste it first, because it's yum.
6. Blend blend blend.
Don't forget to taste EVERYTHING.
1. Foam on top of the drink, like cappucino foam. Probably from the milk and ice-cream.
2. Latte coloured
3. Strong vodka smell and taste
4. Very thin, like milk - not milkshakey enough.
Sigh. Didn't turn out as FANTABULOUS as I'd envisioned it. Subject to improvement. Looks like my million dollar raking plan will have to be delayed a TAD bit.
At least it was FUN and we HAD our drinks. So it was still SUPER! :P