So move along now. Nothing to see here.
1. When it rains, sometimes I have the strongest urge to just walk under it. It's one of those wannabe-tortured-poet kinda thing. And it's fun. Plus it could get me sick, so I won't have to go to work. Yeay!
2. When I was young I thought every family would have just one boy and one girl. When they grew up eventually they would marry each other. It scared the shit out of me when I found out that this wasn't true and that I HAD TO MARRY A COMPLETE STRANGER one day.
3. I hate tea. Every sort of tea is bad for me. Simply can NOT stand the bitter aftertaste. Yes I am a bad, bad, bad chinese.
4. I sleep with a pillow that's been with me eversince I was old enough to make any memories.
5. I light up lanterns for every single Mooncake Festival, even when I was studying in Sydney. Light them up. Hang them up. Switch off the lights. They are so pretty.
6. I sing everywhere, anytime. Badly.
7. I have a habit of putting one leg up when I'm eating. I only do this at home, or when I think other people can't see it. Blame it on my trishaw-pulling, sidewalk-spitting ancestors.
8. I have itchy hands. I like touching things. It has gotten me into a lot of trouble when I was a kid, because I tend to break a lot of things too. Mum is a little too wary of my destructing tendencies, even till now. "Put that down! It's brand new! You might break it!". Sigh.
9. I didn't start drinking properly / dancing in clubs until I was about 21. In fact, I HATED the taste of alcohol. Too strong and bitter tasting, I thought. HAhahaHAhaha.
10. I've always wanted to get myself into some kinda serious physical injury to warrant a major surgery and a few night's stay in the hospital. Some kinda sick curiosity thing. That is until one fine day I ruptured my ACL, got it all cut open, and spent the whole night in bed delirious and partially out of my mind from the vomitting thanks to the after effects of anaesthesia and excruciating pain. 6 months of physiotherapy later - I'm not curios anymore.
11. I like the smell of joss sticks. My eyes glaze over and it gets me nostalgic. It reminds me of my dad's kampung, my late granddad and chinese new year.
12. I think I make the worst female ever. I have zero fashion sense. I suck at shopping. I have less than 5 pairs of shoes. I'm not too fond of strappy high-heeled sandals, sneakers ftw. Hardly ever wear skirts/dresses, pants ftw. Basically, I suck at all these girly things. That's probably what happens when you grow up with a boy.
13. I used to play a lot of computer games. Never really any good at them though, but they were fun. I still think Starcraft is the bestest strategy game EVER.
14. You will NEVER catch me watching a horror movie. EVER. Have too much of a vivid imagination and it keeps me awake at night.
15. I love riding on motorbikes with the wind in my face.
16. I can't swim.
17. ... nor ride a bicycle.
18. I enjoy doing silly little things like blowing soap bubbles, origami, hand crafts and copy drawings.
19. I played chess. But not anymore. Haven't touched it in at LEAST 5 years.
20. Was a big fan of David Copperfield, so I wrote him a fanmail. Must've been 6? 7? Used my nicest smelling stationary, stuck on my favourite most glittery sticker on it, told him how much I loved him and that he was great. THEN I proceeded to, get this, put ther letter in a NEWSPAPER RACK, and PRAYED really hard for god to send it straight to him, because I didn't have his address! HAhahaha.
21. I love the smell of baby products. And babies.
22. I'm quite terrified of being alone in the dark.
23. I hold my chopsticks and pens weird.
24. I'm really shy with strangers and I won't say much the first time we meet. Unless I have some liquour in me. People often mistake that for "lansi"ness. My mum says I have a lansi face by default if I don't smile. Well, thank goodness I smile a lot.
Wah. This has been a pleasant self-rediscovery.
Well, have a great weekend!