Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Going with the Flow

2013 has been an interesting start so far.

I feel different. I think it comes from me trying to keep my mind open, and working on not saying no too quickly.

Just last year, I would've never thought about quitting my job without a next job in place.... but why not?

Just last year, the moment someone gave me an idea to do something I would never thought about doing, my first answer will be a no. Or that's rubbish. Or that could never happen to me. Or I'll never be able to do that. .... but why not?

Just last year, I had a secure job with a secure pay and was in the comforts of my own little world which I "knew".... but I don't know what I don't know!

Now I find myself in this strange place I've never been to before - uncertainty and the unknown.

And I'm totally enjoying the ride.

I'm starting to get really picky about what I want out of my life. And I'm starting to understand that I am me. And what I am while not perfect, is great. That I don't need to be anyone else. I don't want to be anyone else any more. That I don't have a give a fuck about what others have to say about me, or the labels they put on me. Stick and stones, man.

People will come and go in my life, that is true. But that does not mean I should not open my heart and my mind to people, no matter how briefly. Why reject people or their ideas? There's always something new to learn and experience with anyone and everyone.

I don't know where the road will lead me and I am honestly scared shitless, but I keep telling myself that if I hang on to the boat long enough, the current's bound to take me someplace.

Besides, I've been told that it's the journey that matters, not quite the destination.

Everything I'm learning about life is in the journey.

Smile a little more.

Care a little more.

Living is great.

1 comment:

I disclaim all comments.